The SPC EDUCATIONAL TRUST is notable for its charitable and philanthropic activities, is revered by all in Salem district and neighbouring districts for the past few years. The management of the trust with its quest for entering new arena of social activities to serve the public decided to start educational institutions in the last year and has developed required infrastructural facilities in a sleeping village called Achankuttapatti. The magnificent building seen on the Harur road side itself manifests the standard and quality of education which will be imparted to its pupils in this campus. The serene beauty of this Institute gives a good learning atmosphere. The SPCINER is endowed with excellent infrastructure and has a dedicated team of teachers to cater to the needs of student community. The SALEM POLYCLINIC HOSPITAL, another unit of the Trust situated in the heart of Salem is yet another feather in the crown of the SPC Educational Trust.
The Vision of SPC Institute of nursing Education and Research (SPCINER) is to develop solutions for the most important nursing challenges pertaining to human health and health equity in our communities through Education, Service, Administration and Research. SPCINER envisions to be a global leader in advancing Health For All individuals cutting across all discrepancies
To serve society at State, National and Global levels through education of health professionals, development of new knowledge and health care advocacy that transforms lives by preventing illness and injury, promoting health and wellness, and assuring evidence-based clinical interventions in the management of disease and disability.
Our mission is to provide quality patient care based on our strong commitment to practice, education, research, innovation and coordination & collaboration with the other Health Care Providers
The mission of the SPC Institute of Nursing Education and Research is to provide exemplary and innovative education, research, practice, service, and leadership that improve state, national, and global health. The college efforts focus on the imparting of nursing education, research, practice, and policy to inform and lead in the delivery and analysis of nursing and health care.
• We aim at generating knowledge through research in nursing, health and interdisciplinary science; we educate leaders in nursing to advance health care locally and globally; we provide innovative and exemplary health care; and we shape the future of nursing through leadership in Health Care Policy.
- Health is a state of wellbeing that enables a person to lead a psychologically, socially and economically productive life.
- Health is a right of all people. Individuals, families and communities have a responsibility towards maintaining their health.
- Nursing contributes to the health services in a vital and significant way in the health care delivery system. It recognizes National Health Goals and is committed to participate in the implementation of the National health Programmes.
It aims in identifying health needs of the people, planning and providing quality care in collaboration with other health professional and community groups. Scope of nursing practice encompasses provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of care of people across their life span in wide variety of health care settings.
Practice of nursing is based upon application of basic concepts and principles derived from the physical, biological and behavioural sciences, medicine and nursing. Nursing is based on values of caring and aims to help individuals to attain independence in self care. It necessitates development of compassion and understanding of human behaviour among its practitioners to provide care with respect and dignity and protect the rights of individuals and groups.
The teachers have the responsibility to be the role models and create learning environment that enables students to acquire inquiry driven, self directed learning and foster an attitude of lifelong learning.
Undergraduate nursing programme is broad based education within an academic framework specifically directed to the development of critical thinking skills, competencies & standards required for practice of professional nursing & midwifery as envisaged in National Health Policy. 2002.
Undergraduate nursing education programme prepares its graduates to become exemplary citizen by adhering to code of ethics and professional conduct at all times in fulfilling personal, social and professional obligations so as to respond to national aspirations.
Recruit and retain faculty who are national and global leaders in research development, education and innovation in practice and policy.
Attract and graduate a student body that is intellectually curious, globally focused
Engage in innovation with our interdisciplinary and inter professional partners in health care, global public health and other academic disciplines.
Leverage best practices in technology to enhance education and patient care.
Create leadership in the field of health care through excellence in research and enhance the educational infrastructure to grow and fortify a vibrant and dynamic learning community.
- Our ten year strategic plan builds on the accomplishments of the college to date and explores new directions for sustained success.
- Prepare graduates to assume professional responsibilities as competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect patient rights and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of Teacher, Supervisor and Manager in Clinical / Community Health Nursing and educational institutions of Nursing.
- Collaborate with other local and national colleges for professional enhancement appropriate.
- Engage the Alumni Association to be participating in activities of College and research and to support college.
- Achieve in building and equipping facilities in college of nursing with leading world class technology.
- Undertake research by faculty and students in generating and disseminating knowledge that the service sector can easily implement.
- Integrate the nursing education with nursing service and work as partner to bring about quality in nursing care and education